Monday, February 15, 2010

Charming Old Postcards

Dear Annie,
I will send you a card to tell you how we are all progressing. We are all O.K. We arrived at 2 o'clock Sat Eve. Say I guess you found what I forgot. I took the toothache and was thinking of having my teeth filled when I thought of my purse. You can just carry it home with you when you go up there. I will just borrow some. I went to preaching at Neshoba yesterday.
Daisy
Post marked on March 31, 1908
We are still enjoying our stay in San Francisco. Last night we walked to Union Square then decided to take one of those steep hills in order to take the outside elevator to the roof of the Fairmont Hotel where we could get a fantastic view of the city. Was thankful for my "Daddy's" shoes because I couldn't have done all that walking without them. Cy is now in a meeting but will join me at noon for lunch. We leave for Honolulu tomorrow. Hope you are getting along fine.
Love Jean & Cy.
Can't read the postmark, but looks like the 70s.
Hello Miss Rose,
How are you? I thought I would send you a card. You wrote a nice letter in the last commercial. Hope to hear from you soon.
yours truly, Lafayette Butler
Postmarked on Mar 13 at 6 PM in 1908
.
.
.
.
I love looking at the old postcards in antique stores. These are three I have acquired recently. I always search for ones with legible writing. They seem so much more meaningful when you know someone was excited to find them in the mail years and years ago.

No comments: