Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Raffia, Jute, and Wood

I've been designing the living room lately. We have a large chocolate brown leather sectional, a large flat screen tv, and a bare room.
.
.
The coloring will be fun and have lots of different textures. The walls will be a shade of tan, the floor will be white and navy blue on concrete. I'm going to paint the whole floor white, then tape off a geometric pattern, and roll a rich navy blue ontop.
.
.
I think I want to have a braided jute rug. It wouldn't battle with the floor for being the strongest pattern. But the texture and natural fiber will make for a great addition. This one is from Overstock.com.
Also, these lamps I've added are made by the blogger "Meet Virginia". I had seen ones like this on an HGTV show, which ironically is where Morgan saw them. I want to make two and have them hanging near the library side of the living room. I think they'd make for interesting lighting and would carry the natural fibers from one end of the room to the other. .
.
.
I went this evening to Tuesday Mornings to see if they had a pair of curtains I had been eyeing. They did, so I got them, $40, in a beautiful shade of apple green. This picture taken from my phone doesn't even resemble the color it is. The final pictures of the rooms will better represent what is there. I'm going to find ways to tie all the colors together from the room. Like by having throw pillows, and artwork that reflect the mood, style, and colors.

No comments: