Thursday, May 19, 2011

Touches of Red

Our guest bedroom is going to have neutral walls. Possibly a pale blue,or greyish color and the accent color will be....red. Not fire engine red. Or neon red. But a beautiful shade of crimson. It's hard to explain but it will be great.

I think this pillow would look perfect in the bedroom. The maker, Sukan is one of my favorite sellers on etsy. The pillow cover is a bit out of my price range, plus it would be coming from Europe so shipping is a lot, but it is fun to dream.

A couple of weekends ago I went to Birmingham, then Atlanta with my bestie, Lydia. The main purpose was to go to the High Museum of Art. We of course decided to make a trip to IKEA. It was fantastic. I really want to take Matty. I got several things and it was only $36 total. One of the things I got were these shelf brackets. They're the perfect shade of red and for only $5 I know they'll go great in the room near the corner desk Matty will be building. I'll probably use a natural board and seal it for the actual shelf. I think white has too much contrast and more red is just too much.

No comments: