Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quick Thinking


I am currently in the middle of getting our house really clean.  And not just clean, but organized as I go.  That is no small task in our house.  One of the projects in the kitchen that has been sitting unfinished for about a year was to put in these little metal rack things that hold your cookie sheets and drying racks up and not fall all over the place.  Ours definitely needed something because there is a good 18" past where the door opens to that they kept falling into.  The door itself is about 12" wide, a very snug fit.  I managed to get the one on the left put up pretty easily.  But then the one on the right made for an even tighter squeeze.  There was no room for me to hold the screw, and use the screw driver with the other hand.  I couldn't find our screw gun and I was starting to get really frustrated.  Then I had one of my moments of genius.  There are magnets in my bathroom's medicine cabinet that I put in there to hold the tweezers and finger nail clippers to the side for storage.  Anyway, decided it should work that if I put a magnet on the screwdriver, it would be able to hold the screw on too.


So that is what I did.  And it worked like a charm.  I had that second rack up in a minute flat.  Now, I know they make screw drivers that are magnatized, but if you don't have one, or are more like me and have one but would have to hire Lewis and Clark to hunt it down, this method works pretty well.

No comments: