Saturday, December 29, 2012

One room at a time


 
I've been working on getting rooms finished.  Not just the construction part of them done, but decorated as well.  I worked on the master bedroom last week... I painted it for the third time, painted our side tables with a faux in-lay look, raised the curtains up and over, and got Matt to put round shelves in one of the corners of our room.  I'm currently shopping around for a duvet cover, probably white, to go on our duvet we have but I never use because the only cover we had is maroon and doesn't match at all.  I like this one from IKEA and its only $39.99.  I just might order it soon.
.  .  .  .  .  .  .
The last couple days I have been working on our bathroom.  I patched holes we had from where a towel bar used to be, caulked any places that needed it (like the window, and by the shower where the wood didn't match up), and most painful was scraping the grout off the glass tiles that has been mocking me for over 2 years. 

 
The grout set faster than I could get it on and wipe it off.  I think grouting above ones head is the worst.  Scraping over head wasn't any less painful.  But I got them scraped.  Tomorrow I will be painting the ceiling (also over head, of course), using a tube of white grout in the caulk gun and filling the holes where grout didn't make it the first go around (over head), painting the rest of the walls the same color as our bedroom, and trying to hunt down wood frames for two skeleton leaves I have framed in silver frames at the moment.  Then I'll put the room back together and it will be done, once and for all.  That would make two spaces in our house that are finished; the kitchen is the other.  I will post before and after pictures after I get it finished, hopefully next week.
 

No comments: