Thursday, September 17, 2009

Projects from the Blog World

I've come across some really cool websites with some really amazing projects. One of the websites is Tumblingblocks and it has a really pretty pillow sewing technique. She calls it honeycomb smocking and I've decided one of the pillows I make for my future couch will look like this. The fabric doesn't have to be anything special since the pattern of sewing is so beautiful.
This fun and funky bowl is apparently really easy to make. Matty said he did it as a toddler. I however have never made one before but now really want to. Trying to figure out a cool twist to it or something. I do have some silver yarn that would look real fancy. I'll find some way to use it. Maybe i'll cover my lampshade with clingwrap then drape silver string over it. Could be cool if it worked out how I envision it.

No comments: