Saturday, October 3, 2009

What can YOU buy for $40?

Today I spent my morning garage saling. I only took out $40 dollars cash so I wouldn't spend too much on junk. I think I did rather well. With my forty bucks I got:
1 18x18" pillow which i used to stuff the pillow case I made
1 silk robins egg blue/copper pillow
1 vintage handkerchief in bright green
1 dress pattern
17 spools of thread
12 zippers of assorted colors
3 Martha Stewart decoration books
1 Domino Magazine
3 ice trays
1 iron candlestick
1 wooden shelf
1 twin sheet in a groovy pattern
1 old skool metal first aid kit
5 wooden napkin rings
and the big purchase....... a kitchen table
I'll repaint it after I strip it, sand it, and pick the perfect color. Overall, it was a very successful day.
And these mirrors were also found at a garage sale but on another day. Only the gold ones though, the more brown ones are the exact same kind but I found them a few years ago in a burned down building I was helping tear down. I like the two color effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I DO like the table, and the way it's painted!