Friday, October 16, 2009

Furniture!!

I have discovered that a house, or apartment, is very hard to make cosy when there isn't any furniture. My husband and I had a loveseat, tv stand, bed and one side table up until a few weeks ago. My parents brought up this really cool dresser/desk that had been in a bedroom at there house. It immediately became my art cabinet. I have big plans for this piece of furniture. Eventually I will sand and paint it some lovely color. Probably going to add a few pretty hooks to one side of it so I can hang my art aprons. I'm also going to get a real chair for it. My parents have a few old wooden chairs with seats that could be easily revamped. I'll find some really funky fabric to recover the seat cushion. And may even paint the chair, but not decided. So our bedroom is looking a bit more like a real room from a house. Not just an unlived in apartment. I'm liking it

No comments: