Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Designing my Studio

Here is my list of necessities for my future art studio:
1. Lighting- a wall of windows (not quite as fancy as the picture below, but same concept), glass doors, and a stainglass window I create.  Would also need really good lighting for night time use.

2. Storage- Need good storage space.  My art dresser will fit in there, will have a wall of narrow shelves, and preferably a loft style storage spot.

I like the use of the desk side.  I plan on having a large work surface reaching out into the center of the room, but the far end could have open storage like this piece.
I love the idea of a peg board for hanging certain supplies.  I'll probably pull out every piece of art supply that I have before putting things in the studio, and figure out where exactly I want everything to go so I know there is a place for every bit of it.

These shallow shelves are great because I'd be able to see exactly what I have.  This picture actually makes me giddy.

3. A drying rack- I want a drying rack like this wall mount one. It has just enough slots for one person.  Its only $89.40 which isn't the worst price I've seen.  Going to do more research, maybe make it into a Valentine's Day gift (since that's the next holiday I can get away with getting a gift from the hubby).


4. Easel- Matt got me one for Christmas this year.  I just put it together tonight and I love it so so so much.  It's the perfect size, made of sturdy solid wood, and just beautiful. I'll have to post a better picture later.

5. Heating and Air-  May just be a window unit and then a space heater, but I do need something to make the summers more bearable.

No comments: