Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wood you, or woodn't you?

After having worked at a Montessori school for almost a year, I see the significance in having toys or works that are made of substantial natural materials.  Toys made of wood are much lovelier than their plastic counter parts, and also last much, much longer.  I gathered some fun wood toy ideas from around the web.




applenamos - $40
These are beautiful wood produce pieces to be used in a play kitchen.  I love the pear and the peach with their subtle color changes. 


This wood wave puzzle would look cute on any shelf and is hand made by a craftsman on etsy.



This fun pull toy has a tutorial on how to make it.  Only problem is it's in another language, but it's pretty easy to guess what the few steps would be.



Bella Luna Toys - $299.95 (just the dollhouse)

This is a Waldorf doll house.  They make beautiful toys, and from natural materials but are usually on the pricier side of toys.



These hippopatmi remind me of the Waldorf style, but handmade by a person on etsy and much better prices.  They have all kinds of animals and toys to choose from.


Here is an example of snails the shop also has.




Bella Luna Toys - $269.95

This Maine Dory rocking toy is also from the Bella Luna store online.  It looks so cool and fun to play on.  I would have wanted this as a kid.


I add toys as I see them to my pinterest page.  If you are interested you could follow it and would see as new things come up.

Secret goal: Matt and I to someday start a toy store of our own, making only top-notch pieces from wood and other natural materials.

No comments: