Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bike Refurbish

  
This past summer, Matt was working an air conditioning job for an older couple.  When out getting something from their shed he saw a cool vintage Sears bike.  It was green, pretty rusty, but looked like it could be ridden with some grease and new tires.  He asked the lady if she'd be interested in selling it, and she was.  He gave her twenty bucks but after fixing something extra, she gave him the money back.  So my starting cost for the bike is $0.00.  I of course love all things vintage, and don't mind putting a bit of elbow grease into it to have it just how I want it, hence our house.  Today Matt took it apart for me so I can sand off all the rust, then prime and paint the whole bike.  It will need new tires, a new seat, and I already bought new handles and a chain.  I also want to eventually get a basket for the front.  This may be a slow process of fixing it up, but I enjoy the creative process almost as much as the end result.

No comments: