Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

 
I just finished reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz last night.  It was a quick and easy read, but I really quite enjoyed it.  When I got to the part about the china town I remembered listening to that chapter on one of my family's many trips to the Smokey Mountains.  Sometimes on the 9 hour drive we would listen to a book on tape for part of the trip.  I must have slept through the other chapters but I remember thinking how odd and imaginitive the village made of only china and china figures was. 
 
I found in the Kindle store where I could buy all the Oz books for a total of 95 cents.  I think there are 14 stories.  The next one I will be reading is The Marvelous Land of Oz.  Reading all these books will definitely put me over my birthday list goal of reading five books before turning 27.  I may end up grouping them as one and find four different books to read.
 
On a random note, reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and having read Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland makes me want to do an art series based off classic children's books.