Friday, October 1, 2010

A Rustic Mississippi Christmas

I saw these lovely little fabric birds with button eyes on one of my favorite blogs... Lobster and Swan. I want to make a big grouping for Christmas this year. There could be so many variations with different beautiful fabrics and sweet little buttons
.
. .
I think this year I would like to have a Christmas tree with a rustic twist. I could sew lots of little birds like these, have a string of cranberries, and some ornaments that look like they're carved out of wood. I could take small pine cones, dip them in a paint, or shimmer, or polyurethane. They could add color, shine, or just an extra outdoorsy feel.
.
.
.
.
I would also like to make some ornaments like this star one above. I made an attempt at it last year but never actually put them on the tree. This year will go better. Maybe Matt would even want to make some with me. They're made using a flour salt mixture.

No comments: