Saturday, October 2, 2010

Whittling Whales

Having been without the internet for the past few months, I've desperately missed looking at art blogs. Now every free minute I have, I spend on the internet getting caught up with the blog world. I also find it so very inspiring to look at all the neat things other people are up to everyday. This fun whale is done by the talented man at Ready for the House. First he whittled it in wood, then had it cast in brass.
.
.
Can't you imagine it in a little boys room, on a dresser as the drawer pulls? It would be so charming.

1 comment:

Nikhil Khandekar said...

Hey Amelia, I saw one of your whales on Pinterest and thought I'd very much like to make one for myself. I have pinewood and camphor wood. Do you suppose I could use softwood stock to make a little whale? You see, I have only just started carving wood. BTW, your whales are lovely!