Monday, February 20, 2012

Paint Chip Garland


I made these paint chip garlands to go above the twin bed my parents brought up this past weekend.  The bed doesn't have a mattress on it yet, but I have it situated where it will stay so I figured it was safe to make the first decoration for the room.


On three different Lowe's trips I swiped paint chips in an array of colors.  I used greens, purples, reds, blues, yellows, and browns because this will someday be a nursery and I needed it gender nuetral.  I may go back later and arrange the colors differently, but this was done without really planning it out.


I used miniature clothes pins to attach the triangles to twine, and hung the twine using sewing straight pins pushed into the wall.


Here is an example of how small the clothes pins are.  The one on the far left is a typical size clothes pin, the middle is a small size, and the far right is the one I used. They are super tiny.


This photo from etsy was the inspiration for the garland.  She used the tiny clothes pins first.  And she has a very interesting blog, Mon Carnet.

No comments: