Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy birthday Matty!!

My darling husband's birthday was this weekend.  We had a laid back birthday: went to church, ate barbecue plates we bought as a fundraiser, went to walmart to get his grill, made him a cake, and had a lovely dinner.



I bought a bag of plastic frogs to be the candle holders.  I drilled 28 holes into the 8 frogs.  I intended to paint them but never did.




Here they are on the triple layered chocolate cake with chocolate icing.




Matt was super excited about his grill.  It is charcoal on the left, gas on the right, and even has a gas eye on the far right for frying food.  I'm excited about all the fresh turkey, fish, and deer he'll be cooking on it.



Matt made deer burger sliders, grilled carrots, and stir-fried kale, bok choy, and onion.



It was delicious. 








We had cake and ice cream.  I was pretty pleased with how the cake turned out.



Happy Birthday again to my sweet husband!  I'm so grateful to have you in my life, and look forward to all the birthdays and milestones we will celebrate together.

1 comment:

HalesNoels said...

Wow... fancy cake. And grill. I want a slice of that cake though.