Monday, April 2, 2012

A picnicing we'll go...



At our wedding nearly 3 years ago, my husband and I got this picnic basket and it was packed full of goodies from the reception, my favorite being chocolate covered strawberries. The basket is really lovely, and it even has an insulated bottom section to keep foods cool, but I just wasn't loving the boring plates, cups, and silverware it came with.




This weekend Matt went fishing with a friend and I went down to Jackson to see my parents and 2 1/2 year old nephew.  While I was there I went to Target (there isn't a Target within 2 hours of where I live).  I found several things I am thrilled with.  A few of which being these plates, cups and napkins.  I'll post about the other purchases later.  I had almost given up hope on finding some melamine plates I liked that also fit in the leather straps of the picnic basket, when low and behold, I walked two aisles away from the melamine plates' section and found another row, containing these little gems.


I love the rainbow burst pattern of the plates, and at first I really wanted all turquoise tumblers, but they only had the one.  Then I had the idea of using four different colors which not only plays off the patterns and colors of the plates, but will also ward off confusion if ever picnicing with four people and we need to know whose cup is whose.


beige boring plates


super awesome rainbow plates







I love the little things in life, like switching out plates and cups in a picnic basket.  It feels much more like me, and hopefully the husband won't mind too much.

1 comment:

HalesNoels said...

That's a really cute basket!