Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tishomingo State Park


Easter weekend my husband, our dog, and I went camping at Tishomingo State Park.  It's only a tad over 30 minutes from our house but feels like you've gone somewhere far off.  The weekend before Easter I went scouting for a good tent that was also affordable.  I tried Wal-mart, Target, and finally found one at Dick's Sporting Goods.  The tent I bought was on sale from $199 down to $60 and made by a respectable company.  Matt and I did a test run putting it up in our entry room and it took up the whole space.  The picture below doesn't do it justice.  It's about 9'x11' and tall enough in the middle to stand.


Friday we went for a hike over the swinging bridge and up the hillsides for a few hours with Buck.  It was very beautiful and the weather was perfect.




















There were waterfalls all over the place.  I think we saw close to ten if you include all the small ones.  





This tree had an impressive root system that ran all down the side of the hill.





 This is our sweet dog Buck, waiting with me in the truck for Matt.



Matt is an expert fire builder, and outdoorsman, and photographer.  He took this picture of the fire.  Friday night we enjoyed toasting marshmallows and sitting by the fire.  I happened to eat a few to many mallows and ended up feeling sick all night.  Lesson learned... maybe.


I loved these mossy stone stairs.  They almost looked like they were put there by God.











I like these two pictures of Buck.  He was sitting on the center console and I called his name.  The camera distorted the size of his head.  Kind of looks like a bobble-head doll.








We had a lot of fun camping, and hope to go back soon.

No comments: