Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Our Sunday in New Orleans


My husband, his sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew and I all went for a day trip Sunday to visit New Orleans.  Matt had never been before and I have been more times than I can count.  We started the adventure eating beignets at Cafe Du Monde and it was as delicious as I remembered.  I failed to take a picture of the beignets before we devoured them.


Cafe Du Monde




We then proceeded to walk for a couple hours around the French Quarter, admiring the art and people watching.  We stopped for photo ops in Jackson Square where I took far too many pictures of this giant tree.  It was just so grand and majestic I couldn't stop myself.

I love all the balconies of the French Quarter.  They make me feel like I'm somewhere totally different, a more romantic country where everyone speaks French or Italian and eats delicious, exoctic food every meal.






 

 Here's the whole crew walking along the street, my husband's wearing blue.


I saw this lady and her amazing bike and just had to take a picture.  Isn't it bambootiful?  I know, cheesy, but really I love that bike.


We ended the day at the Riverside Restuarant where I had the shrimp po-boy.  It was delicious.  Again, I didn't think to take a picture before enjoying my meal.

No comments: