Monday, March 19, 2012

Rock Creek


On Sunday, Matt, Buck and I went to Rock Creek to look for round river rocks to be used in this pinterest project.  When I finally make them I'll post about it.  The water was ice cold and I had to carry Buck across the creek initially because he wouldn't go in.  He eventually warmed up to the idea and was walking around in a few inches of water.




I did end up finding some rocks that I think will work pretty well for the project, and a bonus: there was beaver wood.  Meaning beavers cut down the stick, then chew off the bark.  It looks really neat in person so I saved the ones I could find.


It was a very successful trip on one side of the bridge, but after going under it, things kind of went down hill.

Matt was ahead of me, and kind of slipping around.  He warned me the mud by the water was a bit slick but I guess "a bit" should have been said more accurately as dangerously slick.  I fell, probably soon after taking the picture below, and landed in mud, all down my left side.  Of course I didn't find it as amusing as Matt did.  By that point I was pretty much done with our little adventure and ready to take my muddy self back to the truck but Matt wanted to go farther around the bin where we'd gone the last time we visited Rock Creek.  I climbed up on the safe sand and waited for him to come back.

He did finally return and as we go back under the bridge we'd just come under he says again, "Careful, the mud is a bit slick here."  I don't really know if he got the whole sentence out before I fell, again, on my backside this time.  I'm now half coated in mud, getting a bit grumpy and ready to go.  We did leave then, without any other incident, but went back to his parents house to have dinner.  I changed into the only clothes available that would somewhat fit me.  Much too big and baggy jeans, and acid washed t-shirt....nice.

No comments: